2/8/08

Too Much Work?

Dear sweet ladies and gentlemen,

I'm reading and hearing that you guys are suffering. Suffering under this undue burden that I've placed on your shoulders. Tell me more.

Here's the deal: this ain't easy, this college thing. AND, it's worth something. It's got to be worth something, which means it costs something. What we're learning here together is how to make meaning, how to develop our thoughts, our ideas, into something meaningful. Don't take this lightly. So, if you're willing to do the work, let me tell you, it will be worth it. And you'll feel good about yourselves.

Now, get back to work.

3 comments:

Kelvin Oliver said...

To me I find the work to be a challenge. It seems to be not as hard as I accept it to be.

Jonathan said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement! It's not easy at all and it's only going to get harder. You just have to stick it out. I've learned that if you really want to do something, you'll find a way to make it happen. It's just a matter of staying on track.

Boatwright said...

Wow, that was very inspiring. I like to write but sometimes I get behind on things. I am trying to catch up as much as possible but my body is always tired. Don't get me wrong I am not making an excuse or trying to blame my diabetic status on my work habit. I will catch up on my work and overcome this disease. I will not let this problem stop me from graduating. I am a fighter not a quiter.