4/1/08

Cotton Pickin' Racialicious!

Let's talk about this on Thursday!

Do we have a problem talking about race? WHO is allowed to speak about race? What is the difference between "forgiving" and "forgetting?" Should we (who's 'we'?) do either?

Think about fallacies as you listen to and read the linked blog post. If you're not familiar with the context, then see what else you can find out. Come prepared to argue (that is, if we can get over our problem of talking about race).

What does 'cotton pickin'' mean to you?

3 comments:

Morgan Pettigrew said...

obviously from today in class we have no trouble addressing the race issue. I really enjoyed class today because I was so taken back by what some people think on that subject matter. I think that every single thing you do is affected by your race.. that does not have to be a bad thing, but it is just life. There is a difference between forgiving and forgetting. You can forgive someone and then not forget what they did, or the approach no one really mentioned where you can chose to just forget something and not forgive the person.

i will save the rest for class ;)

Wendy said...

I thought it was interesting too. I do wish our class was a bit more diverse, but it's interesting nevertheless.

Christa said...

I thought that video was pretty interesting. I mean he caught himself saying something he knows that would have cause some issues. I did enjoy class though. I think we still tip toed around the whole race issue which is more than likley always going to happen.